Click here for the Google map of Acorn locations
Click here for a PDF AcornsOnParadeLocationChart
September 30 – November 21, 2018
There are 26 Acorns on Parade located throughout Oak Lawn! The Oak Lawn Arts Commission (OLAC) hopes you’ll raise “acorn awareness” by taking a selfie with one or more of the large-scale acorn sculptures painted by local artists. Enter this contest and you might win a prize package of lunch with Mayor Dr. Sandra Bury, an OLAC “Peace Love ‘N Art” t-shirt and your winning photo posted on the Village of Oak Lawn web site and other media outlets. Acorns on Parade is a permanent public art installation initiated by the OLAC, funded by generous sponsors and made possible by talented volunteer artists.
• Selfies will be accepted Sunday September 30 through Wednesday, November 21, 2018
How to Enter:
• Go to your favorite acorn sculpture within Oak Lawn.
• Take a photo of you and/or your family/friends/pets with an Acorn on Parade sculpture.
• Email your acorn selfie to: email@example.com
• Entries must include the contestant’s name, home address and phone number.
• Once that’s done, share your selfie on social media: #AcornAwareness
• Each entry must include one of the 26 Acorns on Parade sculptures.
• At least one person or pet must be included in the photo.
• The term “selfie” is used, but the photo can be taken by someone else.
• You may submit multiple entries, but each must feature a different acorn sculpture.
• Photos should be of good quality and in good taste. Photos containing any objectionable material or inappropriate behavior will be disqualified.
• Judging will be conducted by members of the Oak Lawn Arts Commission.
• One winner will be awarded the first place prize for the most creative acorn selfie.
• First place prize: Lunch with Mayor Dr. Sandra Bury, an OLAC “Peace Love ‘N Art” t-shirt and the winning photo posted on the Village of Oak Lawn web site and other media outlets.
• Upon entering, contestants grant the OLAC worldwide, irrevocable and perpetual license to feature their image on any of its promotional materials in any form and using any technology.